The Duchess's Strawberry Rhubarb Pie

When I saw rhubarb in the store the other day, I knew I had to get some. I had wanted to try strawberry-rhubarb pie ever since I heard how delicious it was and thought that it would be the perfect Easter dessert. A friend had gushed about her mother's recipe before, so I asked her for it. So, here it is, the Duchess's Strawberry Rhubarb Pie:


Ingredients:

1 1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
2 cups chopped rhubarb
2 cups sliced strawberries
2 tbsp butter
2 Pie Crust

 

 It's a pretty easy recipe. Simply mix all the ingredients (minus the crust, of course) into a bowl. Place one pie crust into the bottom of a pie pan, add the mixture, and cover with another crust. Sprinkle the top with sugar if desired and then bake for 40-50 in a 425 degree oven.


I ended up with a bit of a short crust, so next time I'll have to roll it out a little larger. I also ended up cooking it for 40 minutes since I baked it in our toaster oven, which tends to cook things a bit faster than the conventional oven.


0 lovely comments:

Post a Comment