Creamy Mushroom Noodles

I got this recipe a few years ago from Whole Foods Meals for 4 for $15.00. The original recipe included chicken, but after making it several times, I prefer a meatless version.


Ingredients:
1/4 c  butter
1/4 c flour
1 c. sour cream (Toffuti dairy-free sour cream substitute was used in this recipe)
1 c. chicken stock
1 1/2 c mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
1 1/2 tsp paprika
8 oz egg noodles

Melt the butter in a large pan, mix in the sour cream, chicken stock, mushrooms, paprika and flour. Stir or whisk to avoid lumps from the flour. I add a little at a time so I can mix it thoroughly and to avoid lumps. You may not use all of the flour, so stop adding when you have the creaminess and thickness to the sauce that you like.

In a separate pot, cook the egg noodles in salted boiling water until tender. Once cooked, drain and toss in the mushroom cream sauce in the sauce pan.


I typically add more mushrooms since I have omitted the meat from this dish. It's a quick and easy dinner or side dish. Enjoy!

1 lovely comments:

  1. Oh wow I bet this is delicious!! I'm not a huge mushroom fan but my hubby is. I'll have to make a batch of this up for his lunches :)

    ReplyDelete