Pizza Night

I love pizza, and when I discovered I had a dairy allergy I had thought the cheesy goodness was gone from my life. Turns out, I was wrong. I got spoiled.


Nick makes us pizza dough (or we'll pull one from the freezer), and then we go crazy with toppings - whatever is in the fridge - this one included onions, mushrooms, olives, asparagus (a unexpectedly excellent pizza topping), red onion, pepperoni and some sheep's cheese - Rustico Red Pepper from Whole Foods. It's easy enough for a weeknight, great as leftovers, uses up remaining bits of veggies in your fridge with seemingly no other purpose and most importantly,  pretty darn tasty.


Just remember if you make a pizza this loaded to use lots of cornmeal and shimmy the pizza on the pizza wheel occasionally so that it doesn't stick under the weight of the toppings. And we buried some pepperoni because ours tends to cook too much when it's on the top of the pizza (the dough won't be crispy, but the pepperoni's will be overcooked). This one turned out much better.


We served this slice with a big salad. We saved the rest for leftovers to have for lunch or on a night when we are too busy to cook. 

0 lovely comments:

Post a Comment