Spring!

I love spring. The weather is beautiful outside in Florida. I am trying to relish it while I can since I know soon it will be too hot to even bother to go outside. But right now it's perfect.

And all this perfect weather means that we are gardening!


We have tons of herbs planted, since they are just so expensive in the store - and let's be honest, we're cheap - so chives, basil, dill, mint, parsley, oregano and thyme are all perking up. Nick's planted some romaine, swiss chard, zucchini and cucumbers as well as beets, leeks radishes and beans - all on the patio! He has tomatoes and peppers inside. Hopefully they all do well!

Since moving to Florida last summer, I've had to get used to the seasons and varieties available. It's frustrating and disappointing at times. There are no CSA's in our area, and the one I belonged to in Pittsburgh was awesome. For any of your in Pittsburgh, I definitely recommend Kretschmann's. The farmer's market here has few farmers. And corn - a summer staple - is impossible to find (at least good, fresh corn) even at the peak of the season.There are some benefits, like fresh citrus fruits and freshly squeezed orange juice. I'll venture out more this year and see what else I can find in the area.

How are you preparing for spring?

0 lovely comments:

Post a Comment