Thankful

This year, I have so much to be thankful for.

My friends and family. They helped so much in making our wedding happen and for making it so beautiful. I'm thankful I am able to take off some time at Christmas to visit them. I'm thankful that good things are happening to them, also. New marriages, new healthy, happy babies (Congrats Mike and Laura!), new jobs (yay Kristi!).
I'm also thankful for my job. Whlie it can be stressful and tiring and frustrating at times, I'm thankful that I am employed in a job in my field when so many people are unemployed.

And, of course, I'm thankful for my husband and the life we are building together. While I have been super busy at work, he's been cooking me dinner and keeping our place in a reasonable state of clean. He stays in bed an extra five minutes to cuddle when I ask him to (let's be real, it's everyday). I'm thankful that when he makes a cup of coffee, he thinks of me and brews two. I'm thankful for the apartment that we're making into a home. It's not the most amazing, beautiful place (heck, all the walls are beige), but it's comforting and warm and is relaxing to come home to. So, for him and our new, happy marriage, I'm thankful.

And, last but not least, I'm thankful for the maid that we hired to clean up this mess:

Thanksgiving aftermath
Just kidding about the maid.

2 lovely comments:

  1. Hey Jess and Nick - we missed seeing you guys yesterday! But glad to see you had a very nice Thanskgiving at home. We'll miss you at Christmas, too, as we will be at home. But I'm sure we will keep in touch virtually! Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
    Carol (and Mike, Evie and Norah)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agh! We always miss holidays with you all. Sooner or later our schedules will match up. Hope you have a good Christmas. Sounds like you had a great time in Pittsburgh n'at. ;)

    ReplyDelete