Fall, a tribute.

Gosh, I love fall. Love love love love love it. I love the crispness in the air. The layers of clothing. The warm, spicy flavors. The football. The pre-season hockey. The plaid. The flannel. The wool sock and boot wearing. The colors. The red noses. Thanksgiving. The acceptableness of pumpkin being added to just about every food, or beer...like Dogfish Head Punkin Ale.


I wait all year, and although it won't be in stores, I keep my eye out for it at the very first hint of fall (like back to school sales, which are really at the end of summer). So you can imagine my delight when I popped into Whole Foods for a quickie shopping trip (for coffee and cheese) and saw the bright orange four pack shining bright on the beer display, begging passerby to give it a go.


It's expensive. The only downfall (@ $10.99/ 4). But seriously, it comes once a year. It's amazing. In my opinion, it is the BEST beer ever. No kidding. And the way I justify it (as if you even need to after you taste that punkin deliciousness in a bottle) is that $3.00 for a bottle of beer from the grocery is expensive, but if you go out to a bar, it's par for the course, so skip bar hopping and stay in to drink this (with friends of course, so you aren't too sketchy, or not, it's up to you).

Carve a punkin or two while you're at it. Or just hang out and watch football on the couch in your wool socks.

You're welcome.




7 lovely comments:

  1. I love Punkin Ale! But my favorite is Shipyard Pumpkin... if you ever happen to stumble upon it, TRY IT! I'm not sure how far West it's distributed but it's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The price of dogfishhead has always held me back. No longer!! I will go out & buy it - as soon as I see it in the stores that is :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to try Shipyard Pumpkin if I see it now. Thanks for the suggestion.

    Andrea - the price does take some convincing, but it's totally worth it. Do you have Whole Foods or World Market's near you? That's where I usually find it. Also, I think their website has a search where you can find what stores near you carry it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL... you are too funny! And funnier is that because I haven't had a beer in a long time today I bought a six pack of the Sam Adams Octoberfest beer which is their fallsy seasonal beer. I am going to have to try it.

    Maria @ A Platter of Figs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I meant your suggestion. Will have to try your suggestion. :)

    Maria @ A Platter of Figs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went to Total Wine & Spirits today and did one of those mix & match 6 packs with 6 different pumpkin beers... Unfortunately, they didn't have the Dogfish Head, which had been my main agenda item (as well as to see if they had O'Fallon's pumpkin something-or-another, which is the one I had mentioned that I heard tasted like "liquid pumpkin pie")... Not sure how that one is distributed. At any rate, I'm excited to try my 6 :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. asm - bummer that they didn't have it. I know on the Dogfish Head website they list their distributors, but I know that not every one that carries their regular beer carries their seasonal selections. Glad you found six fall beers though. You'll have to let me know if there are any super tasty ones in there so I can give them a shot!

    ReplyDelete